POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant and Senior Operations Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
POSTING CLOSES: June 23, 2017
TO APPLY: Send your Resume, Cover Letter, and References to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Assistant(EA) and Senior Operations Coordinator will provide administrative support for the Chief Executive Officer and other members of the DCHA leadership team. The EA will also be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling administrative activities related to human resources and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays initiative and resourcefulness in identifying and promptly and appropriately addressing issues, and maintains excellent communication and working relationships with all colleagues inside and outside.
- Provides proactive administrative supports to the President/CEO to advance the strategic direction and operations of the Association.
- Maintains calendar and schedules meetings & appointments for the CEO, including assisting the CEO in the coordination and follow-up on action items for internal and external meetings including board of directors, volunteer Boards and committees, and internal staff meetings.
- Facilitate effective and timely communication between CEO, leadership team and staff as appropriate. Proof and edit outgoing correspondence for the CEO’s office regarding grammar, format and conformity to the DCHA communications, publications, and marketing standards. Maintains attendance and conflict of interest records for board meetings.
- Completing expense reports.
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Coordination and engagement with the Executive Assistants of Hospital CEOs.
- Engagement with SHAEF Colleagues
- Meeting planning, minute taking, and logistical coordination for visits with public officials, regulatory bodies, community partners, advocates and other stakeholders.
- Assists with the creation and/or revision of meeting materials, power point presentations, information packets, folders, etc. Takes, transcribes, and distributes notes or minutes.
- Provide support as requested for production of reports, audit materials, projects, and correspondences that will require executive review or signature.
- Prepares routine and advanced correspondence, including but not limited to: letters, memoranda, documents, agendas, presentations, or reports. Prepares and submits expense reports on behalf of the executive.
- Performs typing, copying and clerical tasks as needed by President/CEO.
- Provide support to Leadership Team as needed, including capturing tasks, recording progress, and following up on outstanding items.
- Researches, collects, and prepares data for projects and programs using the Internet and other resources.
- Acts as a liaison between the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, external community stakeholders and partners as required.
- Maintains and distributes accurate roster of Board of Directors and committee membership, Board of Directors Manual, and meeting calendar.
- Provides administrative support to the Board of Directors including:
- Drafting, collating, and forwarding of meeting notices and agendas.
- Presenting and preparing reports and performance dashboards.
- Maintains online dashboards for Board of Directors, Executive Committee and assists with other Committees/Sub-Committees as needed.
- Board meeting minutes.
- Conducts background research and information gathering
- Maintains and distributes accurate roster of Board of Directors and committee membership, Board of Directors Manual, and meeting calendar. Ensures timely updates to Board Calendar on DCHA website.
- Coordinate the day to day administration of the office, facilities management and liaison with landlord, assist with insurance renewals.
- Provides and maintains notary services for DCHA Leadership, Board members and staff as needed.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of internal operations, as appropriate
- Coordinate the process to manage office inventory and purchasing processes
- Manage, distribute, and respond to Non-Financial Operations related correspondence;
- Develop and manage administrative policies (facilities, conference rooms, set-up, catering, space, dress code, administrative coverage
- Coordinates various special projects, DCHA celebrations, social events/functions, etc., as appropriate to the Office of the CEO and Senior Leadership.
- Provides guidance, as required in the selection of decorations, gifts, etc. for various events/functions.
- Oversees creation and communication of the annual calendar of organization wide meetings and events, including All Staff Meetings, Retreats, Holiday and other Team celebrations and manages the scheduling of the CEO Conference Rooms as needed.
- Serves as the liaison to the HR Consultant and work in partnership to ensure that all HR procedures are completed.
- Serves as the “bridge” and point of contact for the DCHA team to ensure timely and appropriate communication and connections to human resources support needs both internal and external.
- Coordinates with HR Consultant and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations to new and existing employees.
- Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval and execution.
- Maintains calendar of action items for benefit changes, annual performance evaluations and works with HR Consultants and Senior Leadership to plan communications for HR related activities annual performance reviews, open enrollment and/or other key benefit changes.
- Manages and coordinates on-boarding of new staff onboarding and orientation and ensuring that new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
- Responsible for maintenance and accuracy of all personnel files, including I-9 forms and medical files. Conducts audits as needed and/or directed.
- Provides support for annual and other internal audits
- Provides support as appropriate to HR consultants and Finance to provide payroll updates and reconciliation including but not limited to leave, workers compensation, insurance, retirement and other employee benefits programs, or other special programs.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of prior experience in business administration, human resources, public administration or office management is strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and computer (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
- Proven track record of accurately completing research, reporting, and information management within demanding timeframes.
- Adept at developing and maintaining administrative processes that reduce redundancy, improve accuracy and efficiency, and achieve organizational objectives.
- Highly focused and results oriented in supporting complex, deadline-driven operations; able to identify goals and priorities to resolve issues in initial stages.
- Able to maintain the highest degree on confidentiality and professional discretion
- Able to multi-task, communicate progress and meet deadlines.
- Professional presentation and conduct; excellent communication skills with outside vendors and other internal departments.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- The willingness and desire to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to take on additional responsibilities.
- Outstanding follow-up and tracking skills in addition to the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must proactively pursue continuous education to ensure up to date with skills and technology.
This position is located in the Washington, DC office and is primarily sedentary in nature with the ability to lift up to 20-30 pounds on occasion.