Perinatal Quality Collaborative Program Manager
Website District of Columbia Hospital Association
DCHA is the unifying voice for hospitals and health systems in the District of Columbia and works to advance health policy to strengthen the District’s world-class health care system to ensure that it is equitable and accessible to all.
The District of Columbia Hospital Association (DCHA) has, for 45 years, worked to advance the missions of the hospitals and health systems of the District of Columbia by promoting policies and initiatives that strengthen the system of care, preserve access and promote better health outcomes for the patients and communities they serve. The role of the Perinatal Quality Collaborative (PQC) Program Manager is to foster the work of the District’s Perinatal Quality Collaborative, as well as the Association and the Association’s members, through management of the day-to-day operations of the PQC and collaboration with the District’s birthing hospitals to improve maternal and infant health using a data-driven, quality improvement approach.
The PQC Program Manager will achieve success by:
- Working closely with the Clinical Executive Director/PQC program team to implement the Collaborative’s activities and maintain its day-to-day functions.
- Developing proactive processes for monitoring success and issues important to assigned projects.
- Planning and managing projects.
- Leading and providing technical assistance to birthing hospitals to drive data-driven quality improvement aims.
- Working in collaboration with the Association’s leadership and members to develop proactive strategies and responses to facilitate program goals and objectives. Demonstrating a “can-do” approach and sense of ownership on Association-wide projects as a member of a small team where “it’s not my job” is not an option.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with assigned project team members to develop workplans, project timelines, and deliverables.
- Monitor workplans and timelines to develop interventions necessary to facilitate adherence to project deliverables.
- Evaluate individual activity and project performance.
- Provide administrative support and engagement including agenda setting, meeting planning and facilitation, and communicating with PQC stakeholders.
- Develop presentations to the PQC stakeholders and work with the team to increase awareness of the initiative, including its impact, milestones, and monthly accomplishments.
- Maintain information on the PQC website, including information about each initiative, hospital and patient resources and overall website maintenance.
- Assist with contracts, budgets reports and grant funding application for the growth and sustainability of the PQC.
- Assess the status of project adoption, describe barriers to project adoption, and develop measures to overcome barriers for assigned grant initiatives and collaboratives.
- Apply appropriate tools and techniques to identify causal factors, interpret findings, and communicate potential solutions with assigned collaborative groups.
- Support implementation and adoption of patient safety initiatives leveraging evidence-based methods that support patient safety culture and high-reliability organization concepts and practices for hospital staff.
- Lead collaborative teams in design of sustainable actions that close the gaps in organizational vulnerabilities incorporating metrics to monitor processes and outcomes of collaborative efforts.
- Facilitate execution of quality improvement activities with PQC stakeholders using established data-driven quality improvement models and tools.
- Provide staff liaison support, and coordination of activities for assigned projects.
- Develop relationships with maternal health stakeholders, birthing hospitals, PQCs, Alliance for Innovation in Maternal Health (AIM) and National Network of Perinatal Quality Collaboratives (NNPQC) to build trust and enable successful execution and completion of assigned projects.
- Collaborate with other professional staff in the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities to enable achievement of project goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Master’s degree in healthcare quality, public health, or related field with a minimum of one year of experience in health care quality. Bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least two years of healthcare quality training and experience can serve as a substitution for Master’s with one year of experience.
- Certified Health Care Quality Professional or related certification preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate basic project tasks.
- Ability to facilitate large and small meetings to achieve results.
- Basic understanding of quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and speaking).
- Skills in establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and motivation skills.
- Strong skills in collaboration.
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is typically performed in an office environment, with a moderate noise level. The position requires working in an office environment with the usual office equipment. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The incumbent may carry materials/equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. on occasion. The incumbent is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form. The position requires occasional travel to member facilities and meetings requiring transportation. This position is 100% grant funded.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com